Click here for our online application! Please bear with us as we work out any hiccups in the process, if you're having trouble please send a screenshot to [email protected] and we'll do our best to help.
Nationally recognized as the largest continuously operating open-air arts and crafts market in the country, Portland Saturday Market (PSM) is proud to provide a marketplace for local small businesses creating handmade arts, crafts and foods from the Pacific Northwest. Every vendor is carefully screened with a commitment to creating a diverse marketplace with the highest quality products available.
Market Season: April 17 - December 24, 2021 (Saturdays ONLY until further notice)
Find Out If You Qualify
Portland Saturday Market features locally made artisan-quality arts, crafts, and foods that are designed, produced, and sold by the vendor. Therefore, PSM will not accept the following items:
- Crafts created from kits
- Booths used primarily for lead generation
- Products with offensive messages/imagery
- Crafts assembled entirely from commercially components
- Items exclusively created from commercially made foods
- Items with blatant copyright infringement issues
- All THC and Kratom products, and edible CBD products
- Application to the Portland Saturday Market is completed in two steps:
- The Written Application: Artists can choose to submit this digitally or by mail. Both options are available below.
- The Onsite Application: This will be a full day of set-up and selling at the Market. More details below.
- Written applications are juried weekly during our open Market season.
- Applicants will receive an email containing jury results, feedback, and instructions for next steps within one week of submitting their application. Jury results may include a request for more information or an invitation to complete your application onsite.
- If invited to continue the application process, vendors may schedule their first selling day as early as the Saturday immediately following jury results. Please note that jury results are valid for up to one year after the jury date.
- Onsite applications are a necessary step in the process for the Product Review Committee to verify information, ask questions, and confirm eligibility. An invitation to set up onsite does NOT constitute approval for membership. Although PSM reserves unconditional discretion to accept or refuse anyone as a vendor, the selection process takes into consideration many factors based on the information and products submitted for consideration using PSM's general jury criteria and business entity eligibility guidelines.
- Applicants will receive an email following their first day of set-up that specifies their application status and instructions for their next steps.
New Vendor Orientation
All new vendors are required to attend a new vendor orientation before selling. Orientation is offered every Saturday of the season. Accepted vendors may choose to attend orientation before selling. During orientation, new vendors meet with current members to review the basic market rules and regulations and may use the time to ask any remaining questions. New vendors will be taken on a site tour that concludes at the Information Booth where staff will assist vendors in picking a booth space for the day and process daily fee payment.
Portland Saturday Market Membership
New vendors start selling as Probationary Fill-in Vendors. Probationary vendors and their products are on probation for a minimum of four (4) selling days. During probation, Product Review Committee members visit your booth to check in with new vendors. At the end of the probationary period, new vendors will be notified by email once their status has changed.
If you have questions at any time during the application process, please reach out to our staff by email [email protected] and we'd be happy to assist you.
Where Do I Start?
HERE! The Prospective Vendor Manual is a must-read document that details the guidelines and submission requirements for each specific product line. Please do not begin the application process before reading the guidelines that pertain to your craft.
Submit a digital application for Craft, Packaged Food, or Plant & Farm by clicking here! (Online application currently not available for food court or services.)
IF YOU PREFER TO MAIL YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS:
2021 Craft Member Application: Download Here
2021 Food Court Application: Download Here
2021 Packaged Food Application: Download Here
2021 Services Application: Download Here
2021 Plant and Farm Application: Download Here
Prospective Vendor Manual (Important Supplemental Information): Download Here