Nationally recognized as the largest continuously operating open-air arts and crafts market in the country, Portland Saturday Market (PSM) is proud to provide a marketplace for local small businesses creating handmade arts, crafts and foods from the Pacific Northwest. Every vendor is carefully screened with a commitment to creating a diverse marketplace with the highest quality products available.
2017 Market Season: March 4 - December 24
2017 Member Application: Prospective Vendor Manual CLICK HERE (see Application Process below)
Find Out if You Qualify
Portland Saturday Market features locally made artisan-quality arts, crafts and foods that are designed, produced and sold by the vendor. Therefore, PSM will not accept the following items:
- Crafts created from kits
- Booths used primarily for lead generation
- Products with offensive messages/imagery
- Crafts assembled entirely from commercially components
- Items exclusively created from commercially made foods
- Items with blatant copyright infringement issues
- WE WILL NOT BE ACCEPTING FOOD COURT APPLICATIONS FOR THE 2017 SEASON
- Please download our Prospective Vendor Manual CLICK HERE to help guide you through the process of applying to become a part of our community. Don’t be intimidated by the size; read the sections that apply to your product and membership preference. Applications are located at the back of the packet.
- Submitting your application in person to our administrative staff is the next step toward becoming a PSM vendor. Please bring your completed application and product samples to our administrative office, 108 W. Burnside St. Portland.
- During the off-season (January-February) applications are accepted Monday – Friday, 9am – 4pm.
- During the market season (March – December) applications are accepted Tuesday – Thursday, 9am – 4pm.
Application Review and Jury Results
New product applications are juried every Sunday during the market season. Applicants will receive an email with the jury results the week after submission. If accepted, vendors may start selling as early as the upcoming weekend. Jury results are valid for up to one year after the jury date.
Although PSM reserves unconditional discretion to accept or refuse anyone as a vendor, the selection process takes into consideration many factors based on the information and products submitted for consideration using PSM general jury criteria, individual product and general product and business entity eligibility guidelines.
New Vendor Orientation
All new vendors are required to attend a new vendor orientation before selling. Orientation is offered every market day, and new vendors may choose to attend before the weekend they wish to start selling or the morning of their start date. During the meeting, new vendors will meet volunteer members, who will review the basic rules and regulations provided in the Member Handbook, and will have the opportunity to ask questions. New vendors will be taken on a site tour that finishes at the Information Booth where staff will assist vendors in picking a booth space for the day or weekend and take payment of the daily fees.
Portland Saturday Market Membership
New vendors start selling as Probationary Fill-in Vendors. Probationary vendors and their products are on probation for a minimum of 6 selling days. During probation, Product Review Committee members will visit your booth to check in with you. Please feel free to ask them any questions you may have. Vendors will be notified by mail regarding membership status.
If you have questions at any time during the application process, please send a detailed email to email@example.com and we will reply ASAP!